Friday, February 17, 2012

Thanksgiving 2011

My mom and dad joined us for Thanksgiving this year.  Our last as residents and our last in Arizona!!  We were thrilled to have them with us.  We started out by meeting my sister and parents in Phoenix where she participated in an IronMan.  She is amazing like that.  We stayed in a hotel and went swimming and out to dinner.  Everyone had a great time.  Unfortunately, my sister got sick during the race the following day and couldn't finish.  She was really sad.  This was her 3rd one and she had trained for over a year for it.  What a disappointment for her.  Of course we were proud no matter what.  She is a great inspiration. 

My parents met up at our house a few days later and we mostly hung out at the house, oooing and aaahing over Madelyn.  The kids loved having their grandparents in town.  I did get to go out and beat my dad in tennis, too.  That was fun.  We also went to Old Tucson Studios which is where we got most of the pictures taken.  The one thing I remember from going there was while we were watching the Gun Show, Joshua got bored, picked up a rock, and plopped it into a man's beer cup.  Embarassing, yeah.  Especially for Grandma and Grandpa as I was nursing Maddie during the show in the nearby restaurant and didn't witness the incident.

My mom got strep throat while she was here and she just didn't feel good the majority of the time.  We cooked a lot, but she didn't enjoy the dinner much and we spent Thanksgiving evening in CVS Pharmacy waiting for her meds. 

Dad and I watched Sarah's Key, which was terribly sad.  Boys liked Rio.  It was pretty cute.  We got slurpees before dinner and it ruined the kids' appetites.  Never again will we do that!  Ryan was post-call and pretty out of it during the dinner, too.  And...that was ourThanksgiving.  We were glad my parents came to join us, even though it was a bit disjointed.

We had also just found out that Ryan had lost a potential job in Layton with IASIS.  It was a blessing in disguise as we accepted a better job in a better place (Riverton with IHC) a few months later, but it was hard during this time nonetheless.  I would not want to live November over again!!













(Sick mom)

1 comment:

nnnance@msn.com said...

Fun pictures.Nice picture of me on Thanksgiving Day. Yes, I really wasn't feeling very good that day.